Thanksgiving is around the corner and soon we will celebrate the holidays with friends and family. This year, make a commitment to give fair trade gifts to your loved ones! Give Fair Trade will promote great products from a variety of retailers during the holiday season (November 15 through December 20). While you’re here check out our information on why fair trade is important, where you can buy fair trade products, and resources for various communities (like sample sermons focusing on fair trade).
Take the fair trade pledge! Complete the Fair Trade New Year’s Resolution/Holiday Gift Challenge and register your participation so we know how many people are helping to end poverty through Give Fair Trade!
Visit the site daily for discount offers on products!
Six fabulous reasons to Give Fair Trade:
- Each gift empowers farmers and artisans with dignified work, and adequate incomes to access nutrition, health care, education, etc for their families
- If all of us Give Fair Trade this year, our collective purchasing power will have an enormous impact on lifting families out of poverty
- Great Fair Trade gifts are available for everyone on your list, both kids and adults (even coworker/corporate gifts, like bags of Fair Trade coffee)
- Giving Fair Trade gifts is an easy way to shift some of your purchasing to Fair Trade.
- You will educate the person receiving the gift about Fair Trade.
- Make holiday shopping a breeze…walk into a Fair Trade shop (or online store) with your holiday shopping list and walk out with your holiday shopping complete!
“Six fabulous reasons to Give Fair Trade” provided by Global Exchange.